MACHINE SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
- Responsible for keeping 11 CNC Machines running over.
- Assist with new part programme prove outs.
- Monitor tool life and responsible for tool change and resetting using Zoller tool measuring equipment.
- Support load station operators to ensure parts are loaded correctly.
- Ability to review CMM reports and take corrective action for any errors reported.
- Carry out TPM checks covering machine alignment, centre of rotation checks, Renishaw Probe calibration.
- Ability to monitor machines performance, identify and diagnose problems in order to take appropriate action.
- Understand hydraulic fixture operation and checks required to report when servicing is required.
- Fault finding and recovery of FMS robotic applications.
- Support the Company’s compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018, following policy and best practice.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTER
The successful candidate will have:
- A time served apprenticeship, although not essential with the required machining background.
- A full understanding of engineering drawings and geometric tolerances.
- Experience in setting and operating 4 and 5 axis machines with Fanuc controls.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all Production and Quality shift personnel.
- Extensive knowledge of cutting tools and be familiar with CNC tool holding methods.
- CNC milling experience would be advantageous.
- Computer literate.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills.
- This position requires a great deal of flexibility and dedication as the processes are helped to mature through continuous improvement. Training with FMS will be provided if required.
- The Role is primarily to cover a Double Day working pattern although occasional night shift cover for holidays may be required: