Location: Fareham, United KingdomIn fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Reporting Line: Security and Operations Manager
Objectives of the Post:
Perform day to day support and administration of the Multos production systems, with emphasis on maintaining security and continuity of operations.
• Perform day to day support and administration of the Multos production systems, with emphasis on maintaining security and continuity of operations.
• Develop a complete understanding of the operation and security of all the systems.
• Perform the role of Security Officer for the Data Centre. Tasks will include design and analysis, day to day security process management.
• Provide technical support as required, either over the phone, internet or at customer premises.
• Configure and install hardware and software components required by the systems.
• Manage installations or upgrades of internally developed systems when they are enhanced or released. This could be at internal or external facilities.
• Provide system training as required to new users.
• Perform whatever roles are required as part of the Business Continuity Plan.
• To liaise with suppliers and other 3rd parties for purchasing and support.
• To maintain up-to-date technical documentation on the procedures, security procedures, operation/support procedures.
• To recommend, design and deliver improvements to the network and systems to meet changing demands and new technology.
• Assist in the management of the logical and physical security and access control of the site.
• Deputising for the Security & Operations Manager to cover periods of unavailability due to sickness, leave or business travel.
• Assist with customer tenders and audits as required. Fully supporting the sales team and the implementation of the customer contracts.
• Provide support to the Customer Service team as required, and be capable of short term backup to the Customer Service team in case of sickness or absence.
• Advanced networking topics such as database replication, VPN tunnels etc.
• Advanced server topics such as clustering and load balancing.
• To take specifications from senior management and suggest suitable hardware and software solutions.
• Given the 24 hours-a-day nature of the Multos services, out-of-hours working may be required occasionally.
• Awareness of the Internal Controls campaign and provide necessary support required.
• Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Company.
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Ability to manage own workload and work to own initiative.
• Able to remain calm under pressure.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong service delivery and responsiveness to business demands.
• Dedicated and flexible, able to travel domestically or internationally if required.
• Certified as CISSP or other similar security accreditation.
• Project Management skills.
• Strong technical background in either IT or IT Security, or other relevant field.
• Proficient in Windows Server 20xx installation & configuration.
• Proficient in SQL Server 20xx installation & configuration.
Desirable Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge of cryptography or cryptographic standards.
• Experience in Cryptographic Key management.
• Experience with Host Security Modules (HSMs).
• Experience with Certification Authorities.
• Experience of Disaster Recovery or Business Continuity Planning.
Experience and Education
• Ideally qualified to degree level, or equivalent.
• Experienced in Operational IT and or Security Management.
• Working knowledge of Cryptography, Key Management and HSM’s.
• Capable of presenting to and training external customers.
• Experience with attacking systems to find security weaknesses.
• Assembly of computer hardware (adding memory, RAID and NIC, disks etc).
• Installation and configuration of server software (Microsoft Windows Server 20xx).
• Installation and configuration of database software (Microsoft SQL Server 20xx).
• Installation and configuration of routers, switches, firewalls and other communication methods.
• Installation and configuration of internally developed software on production and test equipment.
In line with Thales’ Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria